Monday, November 16, 2009

Les Frimousses de Créateurs


Moving right along to a much more pleasant subject...

While perusing the November issue of Vogue Paris, I came across a little article about a free exhibit being held at the Petit Palais. The article first caught my eye because of the adorable little doll that was pictured next to it. (I have been on the hunt for something great to bring back for Lila and Cokie and I thought maybe this was it) After reading the article I realized that this was probably not something I was going to be able to bring back, but it was really cool none the less.


The exhibition featured dolls that were each made especially for the exhibit by various designers and famous brands ranging from Christian Dior to Ikea in order to come together and raise money to help support unicef, the organization that provides aid to children in need.

The doll on the left was designed by Christian Dior

I hadn't really been to see the either Grand or Petit Palais up close yet, so I thought that this would be a good reason to finally make it over there, but the exhibit was only on display from Nov. 10-15 so I had to act quickly.

I totally loved this, and any little girl would have been in heaven! I have been to so many museums lately where you just walk around and look at the painting and after a while, for me at least, they all start to blend together and who knows who painted what and when. But this was like a different type of art, and of course it combined my love of fashion, so what was there not to enjoy. I thought it was awesome how each designer obviously had their own take on the task at hand. No two dolls were similar. Some were detailed and meticulously crafted, while others were simple and looked like something you would see in any little girl's room. I took lots of pictures so enjoy!

Gotta give it up for my main man Oscar de la Renta!


Even renowned lingerie designer Chantal Thomas made a doll!


This was my favorite doll! Designed by Georgio Armani

No comments:

Post a Comment