Thursday, October 1, 2009

Le Queen

So this past Monday marked the start of the first official week of classes here at NYU in Paris... Now I know what you are all thinking, "School has already been going on for a month (if not more)" Well yes, I am aware. I don't think I have ever actually looked forward to the first week of school, since I love the lazy days of summer but for the first time in my life, I was so ready to get back to school!

It was a good week. I have back to back classes on Monday and Wednesday. First, "Text and Image" and then "Advanced Conversation," both of which are taught completely in French! This is going to great as far as improving my fluency and comprehension. On Tuesdays I have a two hour long "Atelier" for the advanced conversation course. In this part of the class we partner with a French school and do little language exchange of sorts, basically we are working in smaller groups with groups of french students to make a movie over the course of the semester. One hour is in French and the other in English. I am really looking forward to this because I am hoping that it will be a good chance to meet some french people who I can become friends with! So fun :) Then Thursdays I am taking a visual arts workshop in the evening. It's only a 2 credit class but we get to make actual works of art for the play that the "Acting French" class is putting on at the end of the semester. The class is really meant for student in Program I (lower level language) but it sounded fun, so I wanted to take it anyways, but the teacher is actually French and her English is not good at all... It was pretty comical actually because it would probably be easier to understand her if she just went ahead and spoke French to all of us!

Aside from classes starting, this week was fairly uneventful. Although, last night I tried out another "ladies night" at the club Le Queen! I must say, I love ladies night... free entrance and free champagne for the girls until 1 a.m.! It was a great success! This was also really funny because I ran into my pastry maker friend, who I met out on night in NYC. (See old posts) (Queen is actually a gay club, but on ladies night... anything goes. I felt like there were probably more straight guys than gays)

Tomorrow I am going to the Chateau Vaux-le-Vicompt, where Eva Longoria and Tony Parker were married. It is a trip that the school is sponsoring along with a free gourmet lunch! Will let everyone know how it goes..

à bientot!
Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment