Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bonjour from Paris!


So here I sit in my new Parisian apartment!! I have been here for almost a week and I have to say that I am settling in quite nicely! They had us really busy with orientation stuff this past week, so it wasn't until this weekend that I actually got the chance to go out and experience Paris a little. This weekend I have just been focusing on trying to make friends. I am living by myself and I don't know anyone else in the program really so it will be a little lonely until I can get a group of friends together. But I am absolutely loving it none the less! My apartment is in the 16 arrondisement (neighborhood) (very comparable to the upper east in NYC) It's a tiny little studio with a bathroom and kitchen. My window overlooks Rue de Passy and I can see the Seine from the window as well! It's simply beautiful and the building is exactly what comes to mind when you think of a paris building... wrought iron railings, flower boxes, ornate architecture. simply stunning! I am going to get some pictures up soon, I promise! My apartment is also just across the Seine from the Eiffel tower... like a 10-15 min walk and even more importantly, I live on the same street as the NYU school, so I only have a 5 min walk to class. Bonjour sleeping in!!!



I also signed up for a 2 credit class through Gallatin (my school at NYU) where I have to do blog entries so I will be posting those on here as well. I thought that they might help give a little more structure to my blog!! I will title all of these posts with the name of the class, "The Art of Travel."

Missing everyone from home and wishing ya'll could see this beauty that is surrounding me!

à bientot!
Hill

2 comments:

  1. When Miss Priss (my eldest) heard where you are right now, she clapped her hands and said, "We can visit her and stay in her apartment!" I had to explain that, alas, we could not. They are learning French via Rosetta Stone, and she is actually quite good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I love it!
    You guys could stay with me... if it weren't for the fact that I am living in a one room studio, with a pullout couch! Might be a little cramped.
    So exciting that they are learning French. I am hoping to be pretty much fluent by the time I get back.

    ReplyDelete