Thursday, September 3, 2009

2 Suitcases< 100 lbs+ 1 carry on = ?? WTF

I am in the middle of packing for this whirlwind adventure upon which I am about to embark. Of course, now I have become too frustrated so I am writing a post instead of continuing.
Now really, I have to rant for a little bit because I have become so frustrated with the whole flying scenario. Since when should I have to pay to check baggage? I mean really. Who travels without checking a bag? If people are flying somewhere, they're probably going for a long time and there for need a sufficient amount of clothes. Regardless of my personal overpacking issues, even normal travelers need a large bag if they're going somewhere for even a week. Why can't they just go ahead and include my bag in the price of my flight and stop hassling me at the airport when I am most likely already stressed/worrying about other nonsense? ANDD leave me alone about how much my bag weighs, for crying out loud!!! If I, a meagre girl, can lift my bag then everyone else should be able to deal with it. And now don't even get me started about the international thing... I mean they act like their doing you a favor by letting you check one bag for free and then charging you $50 for the second one. Guess what, I already paid $1000 for the ticket, so just put my damn bags on the plane so that I can get to Paris with enough to survive for four months. If anyone gives me any trouble when I go to the airport on Monday, they are going to be mighty sorry, because they picked the wrong girl.

What kills me the most about the whole thing is how frugal and practical I have to be with what I am choosing to bring. I mean, here I am going to PARIS- mega fashion capitol/ one of the most fabulous places that I can think of and all I want to do is go and prance around in impossibly chic outfits. But I can't even bring my most beautiful things because I won't have room or "use" (Sheri's term- not mine) for them. I mean as of this moment, I have only one pair of simple black heels packed. huh? that's not me at all... but when you can only check two bags without selling your soul, who has room for yellow python heels or royal blue, metallic pumps?

No comments:

Post a Comment