Monday, February 9, 2009

Waiting for the Bus

Last Wednesday morning started out the same as all Wednesday mornings. I woke up early, not particularly bright-eyed and bushy tailed because let's be honest I am not nor never have been a morning person. I got ready to go to my internship (at Diane Von Furstenberg) ate, dressed, blah blah blah. 
So then I'm ready to go, head to the bus stop to wait for the bus. (as a side note, I have discovered the NYC bus system, which I am now a huge fan of as they usually drop me off much closer to my final destination than the subway) Anyways.... I am standing waiting for the bus and I feel a little plop on the collar of my coat. Of course, this startles me ad I start trying to figure out what happened. I think maybe snow fell off something (as it had snowed the day before) and I look up... Snow... HA! yea, right. I see a bird. Needless to say, the bird had pooped on the back of my coat. Now, anyone who knows me would know that this did not bode well. Immediately, I started running back to my place so that I could change my clothes and somehow still try to make it to work on time. Picture... Me, running full speed down a Manhattan side walk, Burberry moonboots clunking away (like I said, it had snowed), all the while trying to keep myself from heaving. It was not a pretty picture, to say the least!

By the time that I get back, replace my adorable work outfit with my go to "I have no clue what to wear and I'm late" sweater and jeans, and get back to the bus stop, I am a good fifteen minutes late. Instead of reverting to panic mode, I decide that having a bird shit on me before 9am constitutes complete crisis and my supervisors will definitely understand. 

lesson learned: Be more strategic about where I stand. At ALL times. 

2 comments:

  1. haha you got shat on by a bird. gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. . . . thats considered one of the best omens you can get that something good is going to happen in your life. Its a sign from up above that something is meant to be. This is a good sign. Keep a look out for something you've been waiting to making a decision about or have been unsure of!

    ReplyDelete